We are able to provide a range of hot school meals cooked on the premises in our school kitchen.
Alternatively you may wish to provide your child with a packed lunch from home. Please note that due to allergy concerns we are a nut free school and therefore we ask that you refrain from sending children to school with nuts or nut based products e.g. peanut butter sandwiches, cereal bars containing nuts etc.
Please make cheques payable to Hertfordshire Catering Ltd for any school meal payments.
Free School Meals for all children in KS1
All children in Reception class and Years 1 and 2 are guaranteed entitlement to free school meals. Just inform the school office to register your child for free school meals.
In certain circumstances it may be possible for parents to receive free school meals for their child(ren).
Your child may be entitled to receive free school meals if you are entitled to receive one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- An income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,100
Parents receiving Working Tax Credit for four weeks after their employment finishes are entitled to free school meals during that period. This also applies to parents who start working less than 16 hours per week.
If you think that you may be eligible to qualify for free school meals please do not hesitate to contact the school office, in the strictest of confidence.